maandag 11 mei 2009

Kevin Haas

"Spokane: North Division Street Perspective Inversion"
Lithograph 2008

I-90: Exit 291B
Lithograph 2009

"East Spokane"
Lithographs and toner on paper (2009)

"I document urban and suburban landscapes to explore my experiences of, and relationship to, the everyday built environment. Most recently I have been focusing on locations just off major interstates, and their seemingly infinite potential for sprawl. When confronted with places like these, I am aware of my own tenuous complicity with them, and the repetitive displacement they create through their ubiquity. The prints I have been creating of this commercial sprawl, have been a way for me to address these issues as well as deal with a built environment that fills an increasing part of our everyday landscape, but often remains overlooked. " (txt: Kevin Haas)

http://www.kevinhaas.com/

Geen opmerkingen: